2020 Kia Niro EV Specs & Info
Wondering if an all-electric SUV like the Kia Niro EV can keep up with your busy schedule in Fort Worth? You’re likely aware that hybrid and electric vehicles will reduce your carbon footprint and can save you money on fuel and maintenance, but you may be concerned that an electric vehicle can’t generate the same kind of power as one that runs on gasoline. However, you may be pleasantly surprised by recent technological advances that have boosted EV capability! Explore the Kia Niro specs below, and be sure to follow up with our team with any questions about hybrid and EV models.
Kia Niro EV: Specs
EV sedans have been hitting high speeds for a while now, but it’s only recently that electric SUVs have gained the capability to rival gas-powered vehicles. The Niro’s 64kWH battery can crank out an impressive 201 horsepower and 291 pound-feet of torque — plenty of power for your trips across North Richland Hills.
Charging is easier than it used to be, too. Finding public charging stations near you is simple, and DC fast Charging options provide an 80% charge in just over an hour. See the Kia Niro EV specs in detail, below:
- Range of up to 239 miles on a single charge
- 7.2 kW of on-board charger power
- Regenerative Braking to capture energy usually lost during braking
- Heated front seats
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- 2-way power lumbar support
- Cloth and synthetic leather seat trim
- Automatic temperature control
- 53.0 cubic feet of cargo space
- 7-inch Supervision instrument cluster
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ compatibility
- Smart Key with push-button start and immobilizer
J.D. Power 2021 Electric Vehicle Experience Ownership Study
Wondering if it’s worth it to go green? The 2021 Kia Niro EV crossover ranked No. 1 for mass-market brands in the J.D. Power EVX ownership study. About 10,000 EV owners were surveyed about the driving enjoyment, range, and cost-of-ownership of their vehicles, as well as whether they’d recommend their vehicle to other drivers.
What Are the Benefits of Electric Vehicles?
With the technology developing so quickly, electric vehicles are accessible to more Richland Hills drivers than ever before. Here are a few more reasons to go green with your next vehicle:
- Because they don’t require smog checks, oil changes, and other routine services, EVs are generally less expensive to maintain than gas-powered vehicles.
- Electric vehicles are propelled by an electric motor, which significantly lowers the cost per mile compared to gasoline.
- Buyers may be eligible for tax credits and rebates, including a $7,500 federal tax credit for the Kia Niro EV.
- If you’re hoping to reduce your carbon footprint, you can’t beat electric vehicles! They produce zero CO2 tailpipe emissions.
Charging Your Kia Niro EV
Many drivers opt to install a Level 2 charging unit in the garage to charge their EV overnight. If you need a charge while on the road in Richland Hills, there are multiple apps that can quickly locate public charging stations near you. There are three ways to charge your Kia Niro EV:
- Level 1 Portable Electric Car Charger – 120 volts / 4 miles of charge per hour of charging time
- Level 2 Charging Unit – 240 volts / Full charge in 9.5 hours
- Level 3 DC Fast Charge – 600 volts / Up to 100 miles of range in 30 minutes
Test Drive a Kia Niro EV for Sale at Moritz Kia Hurst
Whether you’re shopping for a 2020 Kia Niro EV or a reliable used vehicle, we have a vehicle to fit your needs at Moritz Kia Hurst. After you find the right car, we’re here to help with every step of the car-buying process! Contact us or stop by our dealership in Hurst to learn more about the Moritz Promise lifetime powertrain warranty for used vehicles, and other perks of shopping with us for your next new or used vehicle.
More from Moritz Kia Hurst
For many buyers, the final and most exciting step of customizing a new Kia SUV is selecting a color! If you’ve chosen the feature-packed, 3-row Kia Sorento, exterior colors range from understated neutrals to bright metallics—and everything in between. Our guide to the exterior and interior 2022 Kia Sorento colors has everything that Fort Worth-area car…
Which Kia Sportage features will deliver the drive you’re looking for in Fort Worth? This versatile compact SUV can be configured to suit a wide range of lifestyles and preferences and can be equipped with everything from traction-enhancing all-wheel drive to a panoramic sunroof. Each of the 2023 Kia Sportage trim levels offers excellent quality…
The entry-level Kia Forte sedan starts at just $19,090 MSRP, and it’s packed with convenient technology features for a smoother and easier commute. If you’re looking for something that goes beyond the essentials, higher trims like the Kia Forte LXS and Kia Forte GT-Line offer premium amenities like a power sunroof or high-performance features…